Monday, March 21, 2011

Marcello Arrambide - an Italian-American trader in constant travel

Iceland
My name is Marcello Arrambide, I day trade in the stock market to keep my location independent lifestyle and also run the www.wanderingtrader.com travel blog.  Im in the first leg of my first around the world trip trying to visit every country in the world!  Having already lived in 3 different continents and visiting over 30 countries in my young life I am an adept traveler trying to share with everyone how easy it is to travel and live overseas.





1) Tell something about your life before and the reasons why you have become location independent.
I didn't have much when I was younger, when I was in middle school I started my first job (12 yrs old) and by the time I hit high school I had 4 jobs.  I was always looking for a career where I could move around and have the freedom to not only travel but be on my own.  I started Day Trading, lost $25,000 in college loans I took out and eventually got the hang of it.  I've become location independent because I love to meet and learn about other cultures!


2) How did you plan a new life as a location independent?
One of the things that has allowed me to do this for so long already is the fact that I need constant high speed internet to work being a day trader.  This allows me to have stability by renting an apt but also giving me the flexibility to go where ever I want in the world, all I need is internet.


3) What is your job or source of travels funding?
My primary source of income is Day Trading.  I mainly trade e-mini futures and focus on both crude oil and the emini S&P 500.


4) Which countries have you been?
Almost every country in the Carribean, Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Bolivia, Canada, Italy, Malta, Venezuela, Iceland, Costa Rica, Mexico, Antarctica.  I am moving to Colombia in the next few weeks and will finish up all the countries in South America.




5) What are the places you have loved more? and why?
Toronto is an amazing city, the diversity there is absolutely incredible.  Buenos Aires is also a great, very cosmopolitan and Latin at the same time.  Calafate in Argentina I can say because the things to see in the area are absolutely mind blowing.


6) Is there any curiosity or episode occurred during your trips that you want to tell us?
Iceland, very funny story.  My friend needed to use the restroom and we were literally in the opening of the Earth where the North American and European tectonic plates collide.  She was taking a dump in the Earth's crack! lol


7) Is there any difficulty that you've to face in your travels? how did you get it?
Strikes in Argentina.  The country is literally falling apart and with inflation at well over 30% the airline companies would throw a strike every month.  Since I flew everywhere my flights were constantly delayed and cxlled it was very hard to organize my trips with that problem.


8) Can you tell us what happens when you are going to leave for a trip? (emotions, sensations, but also how you can organize a trip in practical termsand and how you choose a destination)
I am not your normal traveler.  I like to see everything any time I travel to a place.  I usually only travel on weekends and take 3/4 day trips unless I am moving to another country.  Typically I move to a country and consider it my base for 3/4 months and then see everything in the region.  Places that I have stayed so far have been Toronto, Buenos Aires, Santiago, and now Medellin, Colombia.


9) Has the confront between many places and different cultures taught you something in particular?
There are many different types of people around the world but after you travel for a long time you start to learn that there are global standards for things like being polite and friendly.


10) Why do you think someone should decide to become a location independent?
I think everyone wants to have their freedom that is why we are always waiting for the weekend or a vacation.  Being location independent allows you to experience new things, many things that you wouldn't experience unless you were able to go and visit other cultures.


11) Do you think that anyone could become a location independent? and what is required to become one?
I think it takes a certain kind of person, I don't think that anyone can do it.  Most people like to feel comfortable which is why they always end up returning to the place they grew up or the place where they consider home.  Not many people are willing to visit a new city and make new friends.  All you need to be location independent is an open mind and a free spirit.


12) Do you want to say anything else to the readers of this blog?
Just do it.  If you want to travel, if you want to see the world, just do it.  Most people come up with a million different reasons why they shouldn't do this or why they can't do that.  Save up a little bit of money and just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment