Friday, March 4, 2011

Annabel and her family - live in Australia and travel around the world

Annabel Candy works from her home in Australia. She writes travel stories for fun and blogging tips to help small business owners set up, write and promote blogs that get results. 



1) Can introduce you and your family?
I'm married with three kids aged 6-12 years old.

2) Tell something about your life before and the reason that motivated your whole family to became location independent.
My husband and I have always loved travelling but that slowed down a lot after we had kids. Since then we've only lived in New Zealand, Costa Rica and Australia but we're lucky to pick and choose the best places in the world.


3) What is your job or source of travels funding?
Website design and web copywriting. I prefer living in a beautiful place working hard to save money for our travels. We had 18 months of work when we went to Central America then set up a new business in Australia after that.


4) Which countries you visited?
I was born in the UK and have lived in the USAFranceZimbabweLaosNew Zealand (where our kids were born), Costa Rica and now Australia. I’ve traveled in Europe, South East Asia, North America, Africa, Central America, Australasia and the Pacific Islands. Mostpeople love to travel but I’ve planned my life around it. I’m not Australian, but I love living here and hold British and New Zealand passports.

5) What are the places you have loved more? and why?
Laos is fantastic. Unspoilt, relaxing with amazing people. Once you've been to Africa you'll always want to go back. It gets into your skin.


6) The comparison with many places and different cultures has taught you something in particular?
Tolerance. Of course I still get impatient sometimes or fail to see other people's point of view but travel has made me a better person. I want my kids to experience different cultures and respect them. There are many ways to live and many beautiful people in the world. It's a priviledge to experience that first hand.


7) Why do you think someone should decide to become a location independent?
Everyone should be able to live wherever makes them happiest.


8) Think that anyone can become a location independent? or what is required to become one?
Anyone can but most will not. Fear stands in the way. You need to be brave, take a risk and go for it.


9) Do you want to say something else to readers of this blog?
Thanks for interviewing me here and for reading right down to the bottom. Travel is the biggest passion in my life and it's brilliant to meet other people who are passionate about it too.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Diego for inviting me to feature here. It's wonderful to be part of the group and I wish many happy travels to all of us:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Annabel for giving me the opportunity to interview you ;-)

    ReplyDelete