Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ayngelina and her passion for South America


I'm Ayngelina and I'm 33. A year ago I left a great job, boyfriend, apartment and friends to travel through Latin America.

1) Your life before and the reason that motivated your to became location independent.
I hadn't started out wanting to be location independent. In fact, it wasn't until a couple months ago that I realized it was an option for me. I have always enjoyed working for other people but if I want to continue traveling I have to  become an entrepreneur.

2) What is your job or source of travels funding?
Two years before I left I paid off my debt and started saving to travel. I do make some money off my web site but it's not my primary means of income.

3) Which countries you visited?
In high school I visited France and Holland. 
After university I moved to the Philippines for nine months and visited Macau. Hong Kong and Malaysia. While working I visited England, Italy, Fiji, New Zealand, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam and the Dominican Republic.
On this trip I started in Mexico, visited all of Central America (except El Salvador) and in South America I have been to Colombia, Ecuador Peru and I'm still hoping to see much more of the area.



4) What are the places you have loved more? and why?
Nicaragua and Colombia because they have such difficult histories but despite this they are so open to visitors and really want you to love their country. I spent 3 month in Ecuador, mostly with locals so it also holds a special place in my heart. 

5) There are curiosities or episodes occurred during your trips that you want to tell us?
Most of my difficulties surround misunderstandings in language. When I first arrived in Mexico I spoke to Spanish and so the journey has also involved an immersion in a new language. One of my biggest priorities is to become fluent in Spanish.

6) There are difficulties that you faced in your travels? how did you solved?
The biggest challenge traveling solo is feeling lonely. The first time it happens it can be hard but then you realize it's just part of traveling and you have to take the good with the bad.



7) can you tell us what happens when you are about to leave for a trip? (emotions, sensations, but also how you organize a trip in practical termsand and how to choose a destination)
I chose Latin America because I had never been here and it fit my budget restraints. Leaving for any trip is always a mixture of excitement and anxiousness of the unknown. 

8) The comparison with many places and different cultures has taught you something in particular?
Coming from an English-speaking culture I think we tend to be a bit complacent and laid back. Being in Latin American countries has taught me much about being passionate about everything from food, love and football. 

9) Why do you think someone should decide to become a location independent?
It's really an individual decision and it depends on if it is wWindows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKI had no desire for it until I realized it was the only way to continue my traveling lifestyle.


10) Think that anyone can become a location independent? or what is required to become one?
A sense of entrepreneurship to find ways to support yourself while you're working on bigger projects. I'm just starting this quest but I'm been looking under every stone for new opportunities.   
11) Do you want to say something else to readers of this blog?
I hope that my example will be an inspiration and II'm always open to helping other people. You can find me on my site http://www.BaconisMagic.ca, follow me on Twitter @Ayngelina or Facebook http://www.facebook.com/baconismagic

No comments:

Post a Comment