Sunday, May 8, 2011

Scott - traveler addict


My name is Scott Hartbeck, and I live in St. Louis right smack in the middle of the USA. The two things that we are most famous for areThe Gateway Arch and the rapper Nelly. I am 33, and in the middle of planning an extended round-the-world adventure early next year.  I love Ice hockey, fun music, making people laugh, and enjoying good food and drink. 


1) which countries have you been?
I have been to all countries in Western Europe and a few in Eastern Europe.

2) what are the places you have loved more? and why?
Belgium, Spain, Italy (of course), and Croatia being my favorites so far! I have fallen in love with Belgium due to to the beauty of their medieval cities and their amazing beer. Italy is steeped in so much history and I love the food, wine, and way of life. Croatia is so stunning and still cloaked in a bit of the iron curtain. As far as Spain is concerned, my lifestyle just fits with theirs. 

3) what is your job or source of travels funding?
I work in an Italian restaurant here in St. Louis as waiter. I am currently in search of a second job in order to make sure I have the funds for my trip next year and will be moving back with my Mom and Dad the last 4 months before my trip. 

4) is there any curiosity or episode occurred during your trips that you want to tell us?
You know what? My adventures have been pretty drama free. I thought I lost my passport once in Amsterdam to only find out that I had turned it in to the front desk upon checkout. I have had many late nights and crazy stories that accompany them, but I think I will keep those to myself, LOL. 

5) has the confront between many places and different cultures taught you something in particular?
Traveling in Europe has taught me that as an American, Europe is almost a second home. My family all came from Europe, so it just naturally feels like a place I should be. Traveling has also taught me that you have to go out and do what makes you happy in life, because in the end that is all that matters. I have also learned that a friendly smile, especially to a young lady, will get you very far when needing help. 

6) do you want to say anything else to the readers of this blog?
Thanks for reading my interview, I hope all your travel dreams come true and you are more than welcome here in St. Louis anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment